Expert Restorations from Your Concord Dentist
You know firsthand that when something is wrong with your smile, it impacts your health and how you feel about yourself. Making sure you have the right kind of care to restore your smile is vital to your quality of life. At Concord Dental Care, Dr. G. Allen Herrera combines his skill and advanced training with state-of-the-art technology to ensure that you get the care you need.
Whether you need a tooth repaired, enhanced, or replaced completely, our team is excited to help you achieve your very best smile. Contact us today to get quality dental care you can depend on!
CALL US: (925) 682-8566 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
How Does Restorative Dentistry Help Your Smile?
When you face a problem with your smile, Dr. Herrera will make a thorough examination of your situation and takes the time to work with you to decide on the right restoration for your smile. We look for treatments that are effective, conservative, and beneficial for your oral and overall health.
We offer a broad range of restorative options to ensure that you have access to the dental solution your unique smile needs. Our restorative services include:
Dental Implants in Concord, CA
Dental implants are considered the most long-lasting tooth replacement option. A dental implant comprises of a small titanium post placed within your jaw. These implants mimic the roots of natural teeth, thus preserving existing bone structure and preventing bone loss.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Dental Implants?
Implants are suitable if you have one or more missing teeth, as well as broken or decayed teeth that may be beyond repair. If you are uncomfortable with your bridge or dentures, you can also benefit from the support provided by dental implants.
In the past, patients with compromised bone and certain health conditions were not considered good candidates for dental implants. However, advances in diagnostics and bone reconstruction have made it possible for almost anyone to get a dental implant.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
1. Mimic Natural Teeth - The primary advantage of these implants is that they look like natural teeth and restore your full chewing power. You can’t tell the difference between a natural tooth and an implant.
2. Last a Lifetime - Whereas a dental bridge lasts around ten years, dental implants can serve you for a lifetime. It’s also bio-compatible, meaning that the bone actually fuses to the implant to create the strongest support. The implant becomes a permanent part of the jaw, and if the restoration is damaged or worn, attaching a new one is simple and painless.
3. Prevents Bone Loss - When you have a missing tooth or teeth, your jawbone deteriorates due to lack of stimulation. If you don’t get an implant in the first year of losing your tooth, that particular bone area loses approximately 25% of its volume, and bone loss escalates over the years. Since implants replace the root and restore chewing to normal, they provide the necessary stimulation for bone growth and health.
4. Keep Adjacent Teeth Stable - If you lose a tooth and don’t get an implant in time, the adjacent teeth may shift towards the gap. This causes teeth misalignment and can affect your bite, ability to chew, and appearance. It can also interfere with future tooth replacement. A poor bite can cause problems with your temporomandibular joint, causing you pain and headaches. Implants keep the teeth in place and let you continue to enjoy a healthy, pain-free bite.
5. Prevent Premature Aging - The loss of bone permanently alters the shape of your face as your jaw becomes thinner and your mouth closes differently. You can experience excess wrinkling around your mouth, a more pointed chin, and thinning lips. This can make you look much older. Since implants protect your bone density, they can help you retain a more youthful appearance.
What is the Process of Getting a Dental Implant?
The dental implant process typically takes several months to complete, including the planning stage, placement of the implants, and a healing period before the final restorations are placed.
- Planning Your Treatment: Our office uses innovative technology to determine the number of implants you need, the best type of restoration, and the optimal location, depth, and angle of each implant.
- Placing the Implant: Dr. Herrera will surgically place the implant in your jaw. Depending on the number of implants involved, more than one visit may be needed to complete your implant placement.
- Rest Period: After the implants are placed, several months are needed to allow your gums to heal and the bone to fuse to the implant. You’ll be given a temporary restoration to use during this period.
- Attaching Your Restoration: Finally, Dr. Herrera attaches your custom-made restoration to the implant post. You’ll now be able to eat, speak, and smile just as you can with natural teeth.
What are All-on-4 Implants?
This is a technique of replacing teeth where fewer implants are used. Here’s what makes All-on-4 different from standard implants.
Four Implants per Jaw: When using the traditional method to get full mouth dental implants, you may require 6-8 of them per jaw. However, the All–on-4 procedure makes use of just four implants to support an entire dental arch.
Angular Rear Implants for Maximum Strength: Instead of being installed in a vertical position, the rear implants are inserted at 30-45 degree angles. This may allow patients who have suffered bone loss to get implants without a bone graft.
Ability to Be Implanted and Fitted in a Day: All-on-4 dental implants can receive their restorations on the same day that the implants are placed. This is a huge advantage over traditional implants, which can take six or more months to complete.
Invisalign Clear Braces
If your teeth are misaligned, achieving a healthy bite is now easier than ever with Invisalign. These clear braces are customized to fit over your teeth and use gentle pressure to move your teeth into the ideal position. They work well for people with mild to moderate misalignments looking to overcome issues such as gaps, crowding, or crooked teeth.
These clear braces are a great choice if you prefer a discrete look, which is not possible with conventional braces. They also offer better oral hygiene since you remove the trays before brushing and replace them once you have finished. They also don’t irritate the inside of your mouth.
What are the Benefits of Straight Teeth?
- Give you a more attractive smile
- Easier to clean
- Make chewing easier
- Lowers risk of disease
- Maintain a healthy jawline
- Fewer chips, breaks, and cracks
- Decreases chances of developing digestive issues
Procedures to Repair Damaged Teeth
Teeth with damage or decay don’t have to be a lost cause. With the right treatment, we can revitalize your teeth so they feel good and function well. Here are some of our most effective restorations:
This is a treatment option intended to restore the surface of your tooth. Composite fillings are a great option if you are looking for something that will match the color of your teeth, making it less visible. They also fit into smaller spaces and bond to the enamel, creating a tight seal and allowing the dentist to save more of your healthy tooth structure.
Crowns are dental restoration installations that cover the entire portion of your cracked, chipped, or damaged tooth. Porcelain crowns are the most popular type, often used to restore front teeth due to their ability to blend with the natural tooth color. You may prefer them for their natural look.
What if Dental Visits Make Me Nervous?
If you feel uncomfortable at the dental office, you aren’t alone. Many people have some level of dental anxiety due to past bad experiences or behavior learned from relatives. At Concord Dental Care, we understand your fears and want to do everything we can to make visits to our office an experience where you feel relaxed and safe.
Our staff are always friendly and patient when you visit our office. We take our time with treatment and won’t pressure you – if you don’t feel ready for certain treatment, we’ll work with you to ensure you’re comfortable with your treatment schedule.
For those who struggle with anxiety during visits, we offer dental sedation to help you feel more relaxed. Our dental office provides conscious sedation with nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and oral sedation. Both of these methods leave you awake and responsive, but help you feel relaxed so you can get the care you need without feeling stressed.
What Benefits Does Restorative Dentistry Offer You?
1. Improves Your Self Confidence - Missing, broken teeth, and similar dental problems can damage your self-esteem. These problems can make you avoid smiling and social situations. There is a wide array of restorative dental procedures that can help restore your smile.
2. Improves Your Eating Habits and Nutrition - If your teeth are injured or decayed, you will definitely have problems when chewing. You may also avoid eating some foods, causing you poor health due to nutritional deficiencies.
3. Promotes Good Health - Decaying teeth and gum infections have been linked to numerous health issues. They have been associated with heart disease, oral cancer, diabetes, and a host of other health issues. Restorative dental care ensures that your dental problems don’t get to an advanced stage and make you susceptible to other health complications.
4. Eliminates Pain and Dental Discomfort - If you have a chipped or cracked tooth, you will experience some discomfort. Porcelain crowns, composite fillings, and dental implants are some of the treatments that your dentist can use to relieve pain, discomfort, and preserve your teeth.
5. Improved Appearance - Restorative dental procedures improve the appearance of your teeth. A missing or broken tooth replaced by a dental implant will definitely enhance your smile. If you are not comfortable with a dental implant, a dental crown is good option. Both of these treatments will give you a healthier smile.
6. Better Dental Structure - If you have a missing tooth or teeth, your dental structure can get weak with time. To help maintain the structure of your jawbone, your dentist can install implants for you. The implant posts bond with your gums and bone structure, which helps to maintain your healthy bite.
Dedicated Treatment at Concord Dental Care
Dr. Herrera and our team are passionate about helping you enjoy a healthier smile. Whether you come to us for a simple filling or to replace a full arch of teeth, we’ll provide every treatment with a compassionate and personalized approach. Rediscover your healthy smile when you schedule a visit today!
CALL US: (925) 682-8566 REQUEST APPOINTMENT